01/08/2011

[Heavy Support] Whirlwind

  The first heavy support vehicule I made wasn't the predator presented here but a whirlwind. It must be because I really like to have the artillery template in hand and put it on as many minis as possible. (hur hur hur)

  I placed white wings on both sides of the missiles ramps. The sword was placed in front of the vehicule, as a Heavy Support symbol.

  A you can see on this picture, the missil ramp is (almost) fonctionnal.

  There are rust traces on the roof because mecanic servitors must reload the missiles. I made many damages because the whirlwind is supposed to move in cover and get into the ruins. (my Doom Angels army is based on a city fight)
Two details on this picture: 
  • first, I replaced the radar by a small Dark Angel icon
  • second, I added an aiming device on the roof.

2 comments:

  1. I personally prefer the look of the Vindicator and think it performs better in game. But that being said I do like the look of all those rockets! Can't argue with it really. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx. I think I made too much battle damage but it looks cool.
    And I have a vindicator on the painting list for the End Of The World Challenge so wait'n see ^^

    ReplyDelete