29/08/2011

[HQ] Forge Master



  It took me a very long time to get the Doom Angels' Forge Master ready.
The mini preparation was long. In 2009, Finecast minis didn't exist and particular models where made in white metal, not plastic. And when you had it all shiny and ready, it was time to take the drill and prepare the four backpack arms to stay in place. Gluing ins't enough when you want to have a good and strong result.

  Then after having my Forge Master full painted, I stopped. I wasn't satisfied with the base. It was empty and too classic.

  After one complete month, I fouded the solution. I completly destroyed a square base from a Cities of Death set, cutted it in three parts. After that, I painted servo-skulls and an Empire General's chérubin.
I setted them on black painted wires to make them "fly"... et voilà:

 

2 comments:

  1. Looks excellent.
    Really creates a fantastic looking scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my time to prepare it.

    The base can be splitted in three parts. The front and the rear are magnetized, the transport is easier.

    And yes, it always is a real pleasure to place it on the table!

    ReplyDelete