25/03/2011

[Fast Attack] Land speedeer


    The land speeder is one of the coolest mini you can get when you play a Space Marines army.

   I didn't want to keep the land speeder as it was "out of the box". This is why I added the biggest Dark Angel symbol I founded in front of it.
   When I was preparing the land speedee, I added some magnets to be able to swap the second gun. I first painted the assault canon, which is a true Dark Angel gun... ^^

   If you magnify the picture, you will see that these Doom Angels don't wear the same shoulder paldrons than the tactical marines.

   I choosed to equip them with the Ravewing shoulder, painted in the Doom Angels colors:  red sword, white wings. The other shoulder paldron is the fast attack symbol, with two crossed swords.
   After many games (and almost as many explosions), I decided to modify the land speeder guns. I had to increase the fire range!

   I supressed the assault canon (too expensive) and swaped it with a second heavy bolter. Magnet powa!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... Just wow.
    THIS is what I want my Dark Angels to look like.
    Great job!
    I've looked all over your blog, but I can't seem to find a complete rundown on how you paint your Dark Angels.
    I know you use Orkhide Shade, but the rest is a mystery to me.
    How do you highlight it? How do you shade it? How do you weather it?
    It just looks bloody amazing!

    Cheers // Andreas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx. I'm really happy that you like the color choice, it took me some years to finally find "THE" color.

      Orkhide shade isn't produced any more, bad news!

      I modified the hilights colors, this is why I'll take time to explain everything next posts.

      Delete