25/02/2011

[Elite] Dreadnoughts

Gaïus - click to enlarge
   When I had finished my two firts tactical squads, a logical choice would have been to paint a HQ choice.
But I did not.
I was too impatient to have a dreadnought under my brushes.

   I started with the same dreadnought than in Down of War: assault canon, heavy flamer. I added to the Games Workshop kit a Dark Angel symbol and a buckler to represent the reinforced armor. Some other armor pieces are using the DA kit.

   To finish the job, I painted some impacts and added a metallic vets banner on the roof top.


Ares - click to enlarge
   One month later, I started an Assault for Black Reach dreadnought. I was disappointed by the kit: the arms are hollow and with less details. But I had to have such a squat dreadnought in my army.

   The roof top was equiped with a small DA symbol. I added barbed wire and some wall parts on the base.

Gaïus - click to enlarge

   One year later, I decided to play Gaïus as an Ironclad dreadnought.

   I replaced the assault canon arm with a chainsaw combat arm. This arm is made with parts coming from both right and left arms of the Ironclad Games Workshop kit. I added two grenade lauchers on the roof top to finish the Ironclad transformation.

   All I need now is a dreadnought drop pod.

No comments:

Post a Comment