31/08/2015

Webcomics on a smartphone

Hello there.

For more than a quarter century, I've been reading and collecting comics and graphic novels. All my bookcases collapse under the number of books, but I'm still buying and craving for more.

Even if I'm french, I'm an english reader. And almost all webcomics are in english. So when the high speed internet came home, it gave me an "all you can read" #nerdgasm. (yay !)

But there still was a problem : all these comics where drawned to be read on a large screen. Like a paper or PC screen. And on a tablet when they appeared. Even with the best smartphone, it isn't easy to read such a format on the screen.

Then... I discovered WebToon.
And their Android and Apple apps.

When you've created an account via Facebook, you'll keep a list with all your favorites and some other functions like notifications on your phone when new chapters are published in the comics you added in your favorites.

To be honest, I'm addict. I'm having strips orgies, like when somebody watches an entire season during a night. You can read all the panel without scrolling. The app allows you to gently touch your screen up and down to go for it. It's really cool and helps to feel good while reading.

The comic I'm reading right now is DICE.

Just try it, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment